Friday, April 22, is Earth Day 2022. Consider making an Earth Day “resolution” to change at least one energy-related bad habit at home.
Here are some ideas:
- If you haven’t already, switch your lamps and overhead light fixtures to LED versions. You can even use LED light bulbs in older fixtures.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room and teach your children to do the same. This is time-tested advice.
- Unplug appliances like the TV and your computer when you’re not using them. Appliances that are turned off but still plugged in draw small amounts of electricity.
- Take shorter showers. You’ll save both water and energy.
- Have your large appliances inspected every year. A maintenance check can help a furnace, air conditioning system or water heater last longer and run more efficiently.
You’ll also see some small energy cost savings as well!